Sunday, July 3, 2011

Canada Day Weekend

Busy, busy, busy photography weekend! Wifey and I spent Friday (Canada Day) morning at the Doon Heritage Crossroads Pioneer Village in Kitchener. It's kind of a cool place for local historical buildings and period costumes.

Clicking on the images will take you to my website gallery where you can find more photo's.


Main street showing turn of century shops and services in Waterloo Region.

Firehall

Firehall... I'd love to see the Firefighters of day's gone by getting the horses and fire wagon down those stairs out front....



This guy was the Blacksmith in his period costume



Ragtime Band at The Jubilee Park

After a quick stop at home we took off to Columbia Lake in Waterloo for Fireworks. We figured on getting there early...7:30pm for a 10pm showing...should've gone earlier. There were an estimated 50,000 people there and I thing each one brought their own car! This was my first attempt at capturing fireworks. I thought I would first try a 2 second exposure for the first half and then move up to an 8 second exposure....
For the next fireworks, I think I'm going to go to my favorite web resource at DPS and find out how to do them properly.. I ain't too proud to ask directions :)

Canada Day fireworks at Columbia Lake, Waterloo, Ontario. July 1,2011

2 second exposure

Canada Day fireworks at Columbia Lake, Waterloo, Ontario. July 1,2011

8 second exposure

That's it for Friday. On Saturday we went to a Butterfly Conservatory and then a trip to Aberfoyle to get some shots of an old Pickup Truck and Gas Pumps then Sunday was my day of rest where I got to shoot my Daughters Boyfriends Uncles...whew... 16 month old Samoyed. I will post those over the next couple of day's.

Puppy shot!

Sammy the Samoyed

Sammy the Samoyed :)

Cheers
Gary